Friday, July 31, 2009

Top 5 Wedding Day Emergency Kit Must Haves

Have you ever heard the old Cub Scout motto, "Be prepared". Now, I've never been a Cub or a Scout but as a coordinator I, like most professional coordinators, come to a wedding armed with an emergency kit. My kit, of course, is a collection of products and tools I find essential for dealing with any unexpected situations that pop up and turning potential issues into achievements. Usually, every kit is different because every kit should have the tools the professional feels work best for them. Would you like a peek into my kit? I'll forgo my funky favorite items (i.e.: duct tape, staple gun, etc.) but I will share my top 5 list of "must haves" for a Bride's big day:

Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets

It's moments before you walk down the aisle. The dress - gorgeous, hair - perfect, and the make-up is flawless. You are a stunning, vision to behold and you should remain so the entire day. Unfortunately, especially for Bride's with oily skin, that may not be so easy as it sounds. Every Bride should glow on her special day but perspiration could destroy beautiful make-up and a shinny face doesn't take the best picture. I keep Oil Absorbing Sheets by Clean & Clear close by so the Bride may discretely blot the her face before pictures and throughout the event.


Tide to go

Is your wedding gown White, Ivory, Cream, or even Blush? Most Brides dream of the perfect dress however, one drop of soda or wine could taint the most breathtaking gown. If find the small "Tide to Go" minis easy to carry. I keep them and a small hand towel on hand just in case wedding cake finds it's way to the train of the gown.





Bounce Dryer Sheets

O.k., I know it sounds funny but yes, I keep Bounce Dryer sheets in my emergency kit. And no, I don't plan on doing laundry during the reception but for outdoor weddings these sheets are great. Rub a sheet over a gown or tuxedo, stuff a sheet in a back pocket, or nestle one discretely in your undergarment. The dryer sheet will repel insects without the smell of bug sprays or messiness of lotions that stain.


Scotch Lint Mini Rollers
Like the song said, "Every Girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man". I admit, I love the way men look in a well made and fitted tuxedo. Of course, nothing takes away from that look than dozens of little white spots on a crisp, dark jacket. It only takes a few seconds and a couple of quick swipes with the Scotch Lint Roller to give the Groom his swagger back.





Colgate Wisps

"You may now kiss the Bride!" Breath mints are great to refresh your breath during the day but after a meal a quick brush may be in order. From the first kiss as 'Husband and Wife' to the first kiss after the reception dinner I've discovered that Colgate Wisps are a handy little item to quickly keeping my Client's teeth bright and breath fresh... smooches!
O.k., that's enough... can't give away all my secrets.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment