Monday, December 21, 2009

Creative and Crafty

The countdown is well under way.... 5 days until Christmas and counting! Many are executing holiday plans, baking delightful goodies, displaying festive decorations, stringing twinkling lights and, of course, facing that final (or for some 1st) round of holiday shopping. I've never been one for braving congested parking lots and sworming crowds on Black Friday to hunt for the "best deals" but for the 1st year I could remember I did this year. Oh, don't get me wrong, I didn't hop out of bed at the crack of dawn to be the 1st in line but I journeyed out that afternoon to attempt to find one or two items.

If battling the cold and the store are unappealing and you want to give something exceptional to someone special consider creative crafts and original artwork. Visit a local gallery or professionally frame a special photo. It may not be to late to visit places like http://www.etsy.com/ for cool and creative gifts (although you'll have to check on overnight shipping options). I've personally made some original pieces like hand-sculptured clay flowers (Roses) and hand-painted stemware (Martini glasses). Not artistically inclined? Don't worry, there are other option just be creative... I'm not sure there's anyone who would turn away a fresh batch of homemade cookies and a gift card.
Happy Holidays!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment