Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sneak peek: Before Sketch for 10th Anniversary Vow Bridal Event Display

Well, this is a first! Usually I (and my Clients) are the only ones who see my Event or Floral Design Concept Illustrations but as part of my "Countdown to Vow Bride's 10th Anniversary Bridal Event" I wanted to share this part of the Table-scape Design with my followers. Check out this initial sketch!

I'm going to create this centerpiece as part of an over-the-top and elaborate table-scape design we will display in the lobby of the Virginia Beach Convention Center on Sunday, February 21st during the phenomenal Vow Bride 10th Anniversayr Bridal Event. I invite you to come out and see how close this event design illustration compares to the completed live design.

I also feel the need for a personal challenge and the Vow Bride 10th Anniversary Bridal Event seems like the perfect opportunity to stretch my creative muscle. As a Floral Designer (among other things) it seems that during event's like this we pull out all the stops including using only the very best (and often the most expensive) flowers. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore exotic Orchids, chic Calla Lilies, fresh Tulips, romantic Hydrangea, flirty Peonies, fragrant Freesia and even delicate Ranunculus but the truth is it's hard to make an arrangement featuring a dozens of sprays of Cymbidium Orchids cascading throughout look bad.

So, my challenge? To take 3 of the most common flowers and creatively use them with a vibrant color scheme and custom artistic elements to create a stunning tablescape. Now, Which 3 flowers and what color scheme? The Colors - pink, orange and green (sassy spring-like combination right?). Now for the flowers. Roses, Carnations and lilies are 3 of the most commonly used flowers in floral arrangments.

Well, this should be interesting and I'd love your feedback... wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment