Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Design & Technology Trends

Ok, I admit it.... I'm a closet Techie. No surprise for those of you who know me, after all, technology plays an important part in graphic design, animation, and media - all of which are areas I've dabbled in prior to the events industry. And as an Event Designer I still use a great deal of graphic software and tools to organize many layout ideas, print projects, event materials, website and other designs. Having said that, when I saw the video below my inner Techie squealed with awe and excitement.

It showcases an animated rendering of an uber cutting edge laptop design in the works. This is one of the most amazing innovations in practical technological design, portability, versatile, and general "Wow Factor" I've seen in many years. Yes, even the long anticipated "iPad" should watch its back. Orkin Design is developing the "Rolltop" - a flexible 13" laptop, touchscreen 17" design tablet, or 17" computer display... all in one! This German designed device will literally roll-up around a sleek, tube-like shape detachable Hub containing everything from your power adapter, web cam, and more all carried by a (dare I say it) super chic and stylish shoulder strap design... Genius!!

No comments:

Post a Comment