Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A moment of gratitude

It was about this time last year, well every year, that I take a moment to sit down, reflect and plan for the year to come. Most people are familiar with a "Goal" or "To do" list for the New Year. Some write down the resolutions (changes in behavior) and goals - mapping our a plan to achieve what that want accomplish in the year to come. I did something similar to this last year accept I added on large twist. Before I even considered "what I wanted to do" in 2010 I wrote a two and a half page list of what I was "Thankful for having right now" in 2009. I didn't expect this letter to be so long but once you really sit down and take account of what you have, what you are truly thankful and blessed. What were some of my items? My beautiful, healthy daughter, a warm and safe home, my marketable talents and skills, being able to spend time with my Mother who is alive and well, and so on.

So, why is a Gratitude list so important when setting goals for the New Year? It's, in part, because of the "Law of Attraction". The Law of Attraction is a theory that our thoughts, believes and even feels play a critical role in the life we currently have and in the manifestation of what we create in our lives - a positive state of minds and vision attracting positive results and likewise with negative mindset.

In order to be in the proper state of mind to attract and achieve success you must not only focus on some kind of future success. That puts us in a constant state of anticipation and may even leave us with a feeling of un-fulfillment. Instead envision today's success, place yourself in a state of accomplishment and gratitude right now! This mindset and feelings will fuel you to meet your goals.

I recently opened and read the envelope that held my "Gratitude & Goals" letters which I wrote and mailed to myself a day before New Years Eve last year. I found myself stunned by how much I've achieve over the past 12 months and was also reminded of what I am grateful for in my life. It's the most empowering way to end the old year and begin the new. B e grateful and goal oriented 2011... try it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment